Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First Week of November

So far November has kicked off into a great start. The weather has been wonderful granted it is going to change by the end of the week, the right guy won the election, and school work is bogging me down. I was so nervous last night on account that I was worried that Obama wouldn't win. As soon as I found out I was so happy that I couldn't hold it in. I had tears of joy. What a monumental event that happened. I was also so excited that Iowa went democratic! How excellent! I felt like I was apart of something bigger than myself. I felt as though my contribution mattered and in retrospect it did. I felt so powerful to have my voice heard. Although I hated the fact that some people are so ignorant. Do you honestly think that Barack Obama is a terrorist? Are you that ignorant?? It just irritates me so much. Some people are so over dramatic. I loved the speeches that they gave last night. So inspiring. Even John McCain's speech was good. I just thought it was funny when he mentioned Barack the crowd booed but then when Barack Obama mentioned John McCain in Chicago the crowd cheered. No booing no hostile feelings just happiness and respect for him. That pleased me and made me proud of the people who voted along with me for the guy that is now our President. I know not everyone will always agree and I don't expect them too but it is so sad when we have people saying that he will get assasinated. I truly hope that doesn't happen. It will be a very sad day for our country. I will be in fear for our country. I think people should come together and realize that we made history last night no matter who you voted for. WE MADE HISTORY! You will be able to tell your kids and grandkids about this moment. God Bless America :)

No comments: