Sunday, September 21, 2008

Youtube identity video


The video I chose for the identity portion was a music video. It was Jessica Simpson's 'I belong to me' video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X71iJPMCjFs I chose this video because it represents her and how she was feeling at the time. I also relate to this video and when I saw it I was moved. The video goes through different places where she is at in her house/ apartment and how she tells how she is not anyone elses property but more her own. I have always learned that no guy can persuade me or "own" me. I like how she cuts her hair and moves on and lets go of her old feelings and moves on. I can feel her hurt in the video and the emotion she captures. I sometimes feel that same emotion and feeling. Maybe not about the same concept but definitely the same feeling. Sometimes I feel as though people even myself expect too much and I am overwhelmed and I feel like I only belong to me not the whole world. This video came out after Jessica got divorced with her husband, Nick Lachey, and I think she felt this way. I could understand if she did. I think a lot of women end up in relationships they do not want to be in just because they don't know how to get out. Most men like to feel in control and women let them take control of their selves. It's hard to watch women lose themselves when they get boyfriends or husbands. It's almost like they just waste away so much time of their life. This video relates to my identity because it is how I feel about myself and I know that I need to be respected. I belong to me and no one else.

No comments: