Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dreams


What causes dreams? Why do sometimes you remember your dreams vividly and other times not remember them at all? How do we know if we even do have dreams. Maybe we don't have them at all and just think we do and believe that we just don't recall them. I hate the dreams that awaken you in a cold sweat or the ones where you fall, trip, or stumble over and right when you are about to hit the ground with a splat you are hit with a jolt of your body waking you up. I wonder if you actually did hit the ground...would you die? If you didn't wake up and that jolt of your body telling you "hello its time to wake up now" didn't come what would happen. What do dreams mean? There is a website talking about what each dream means and interpreting each one in alphabetical order. Are dreams a part of your mind? Are they apart of you and your deepest darkest thoughts? Are they a foreseeing of the future? Can they become real? Is that what de ja vu is all about? I have de ja vu sometimes and it is so weird. I remember have dreams of what is happening in my real life and it is the strangest most out of body experiences I have ever experienced. I have seen on T.V. that some people claim to have seen missing people in their dreams without knowing them. They can go find the person and save their lives just by having a dream. Is that a coincidence or is it fate? I guess there are so many questions that can go through a persons mind. So many questions and so little time. I would like to know if there are studies that show correlation between thoughts of a person and dreams. Maybe you only have dreams certain times because of specific reasons. Who really knows. What do I believe?? I have reoccurring dreams. Strange I know. I have had good dreams, scary dreams, bad dreams, and those dreams where you wake up in the morning wondering What the hell was that about? Sometimes you wake up and not recall you were dreaming at all. I think dreams are a part of the mind. Possibly what we truly think about things, sometimes things that correlate with our lives, sometimes maybe they have nothing to do with us as people but matter in a bigger light. Dreams are certain things that cannot truly be explained or conquered. Everyone has their own set of beliefs I assume when it comes to dreams. Now I am curious what those would be and how others would define them. Until then I hope this gives you some insight to what I think about. Sweet Dreams:)

No comments: